SCORE Maine, in partnership with Mass Mutual, is pleased to offer a workshop for farm businesses entitled Legacy Planning for Farmers. This workshop helps small business owners plan for the future of their business. Legacy Planning for Farmers includes succession planning, retirement planning and estate planning for farm owners. This workshop is appropriate for both outgoing owners and incoming owners.
Farm business owners should know how to do business valuation, how to choose and prepare a successor, and the steps to make sure they are able to enjoy the retirement that they envision for themselves. Every business owner will face a transition at some point and this workshop will help them prepare for the various scenarios they almost certainly will come across.
Why should you attend?
• Learn the steps necessary to successfully transition your life's work
• Strengthen and secure your farm's future
• Help reduce the risk of not having a plan
• Learn about resources available to help you
What will you learn?
• The importance of valuing your business
• Planning for your farm's future
• Essential steps for farm business transition planning
• Protecting and planning for your future and possible retirement
• Understanding the importance of succession or transition planning
• Key elements of estate planning
Who Should Attend?
Any farm business owner involved in a multi-generational situation, including both incoming owners and outgoing owners.
Wednesday February 10 from 9:00 to 11:45 AM
8:45 - 9:00 am Sign on
9:00 - 11:00 am Presentation
11:00 - 11:45 am Q & A/Discussion
Where: Zoom - Online Event